Matcha Health Benefits
The amount of studies on the health benefits of green tea consumption has exploded in recent years. Green tea is proving to be effective against a wide range of illnesses and physical conditions. Eisai, the monk, who brought Matcha green tea to Japan (circa 1200a.d.), said that it was
"the elixir of the immortals"
Please read the various articles provided to learn more about the health benefits including…
• Matcha tea is approximately 10X stronger than regular brewed green tea, and so it has extremely powerful therapeutic effects on the body.
• Matcha contains over 70 times the anti-oxidants of fresh orange juice, and over 9 times the beta carotene of spinach.
• Matcha also contains high amounts of L-Theanines—a unique set of natural amino acids found almost exclusively in Matcha, known to reduce stress and anxiety, heightens the concentration to help provide increased mental clarity and focus.
• With virtually zero calories, this makes Matcha the ultimate "energy drink"—without any of the side effects found in the highly sugared, over-caffeinated beverages sold in stores today.
• When drinking Matcha or enjoying a food or beverage made from Matcha - you consume the entire tea leaf. Matcha drinkers receive the full nutrition benefits of the whole tea leaf and will enjoy the high concentration of green tea antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and fiber.
Are all powdered green teas created equal?
No…..Not at all.
Their history parallels each other, for one is a derivative of the other; but that is where the similarity ends.
Although Matcha Green Tea has been around for well over 800 years, it is only now beginning to be recognized within the health community as a superfood that surpasses virtually every other anti-oxidant superfood today.